2023 is the Association of Science and Technology Centers’ 50th year! We are so excited to celebrate five decades of science engagement and set our sights on the future of our field. In partnership with StoryHabitat, we are collecting video vignettes about the past, present, and future of science engagement. Your story is part of our story together.
We invite you to reflect on these big questions:
- What would you say is the biggest change in the field of science engagement you’ve seen—or helped foster—during your career?
- How will the science centers and museums of the future engage all people?
- What are the key lessons and knowledge from our field that will help others (including educators, cultural organizations, communicators, etc.) engage the public?
Or, share a general reflection:
- Did a science center or a mentor figure inspire you to get involved in science engagement? How did you get started?
- How do science centers and museums have a positive and important impact on your community?
You don’t need any special equipment, just the webcam and microphone from your computer or smartphone. Recordings are capped at 90 seconds long, but feel free to record with a friend, include props, costumes, or other visual aids.
We will be curating these videos in our anniversary video library and sharing them in the Informer, our biweekly newsletter, and across our social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. If you work at an ASTC member organization, make sure you are subscribed to the Informer via your MyASTC account.
If you give permission that your story can be shared in this way, click ‘Continue.’